This is not an account of me getting lost in the jungle, surviving storms, hunting down wild beasts for dinner while I try to summit ranges alpine-style or any of that over the top crap.
The people might seem a little shady but they are sweet and very hospitable. Of course you have to be sure of everything when travelling alone. A GPS device should always be handy. I couldn't keep my eyes on the navigation for long though. The early morning breeze along with the drizzles made it impossible to do so. After breathing in the horrible smoke for entire 12 hours this was eternal bliss. And soon I realized I don't really need the navigation. First rule to enjoy a solo trip is to be cautious and the second is to let go when necessary and have trust in yourself as well as humanity. I have met the most interesting and honest people on my trips fortunately.
But yes, it is about one of my best adventures. A beach trek at Gokarna for which I have been hungry for since ages. At least for the most part of it I was on my own. Travelling alone makes you come face to face with the harsh realities of our society or let's say of this whole repulsive world basically. But surely if you are looking for some peace and solitude, venturing out is anytime a better option than locking yourself up in a room with loud music. It doesn't block anyone out except for your own self.
My journey started with an over excited me reaching way before time at Thane station to board the Matsyagandha Express. The journey was pleasant until except the smoke from the engine started suffocating everyone; especially when in the tunnel. To make it worse we have the capable youths of our nation smoking at the doorway making sure we really get sick. I would suggest travelling to Gokarna by a Bus, as Gokarna road station is 21 km or more from all the main beaches you would want to start your trek with. That wasn't something I wanted to know when I reached there at 5:45 in the morning.
The people might seem a little shady but they are sweet and very hospitable. Of course you have to be sure of everything when travelling alone. A GPS device should always be handy. I couldn't keep my eyes on the navigation for long though. The early morning breeze along with the drizzles made it impossible to do so. After breathing in the horrible smoke for entire 12 hours this was eternal bliss. And soon I realized I don't really need the navigation. First rule to enjoy a solo trip is to be cautious and the second is to let go when necessary and have trust in yourself as well as humanity. I have met the most interesting and honest people on my trips fortunately.
Kudle Beach: This is the nearest beach to the main Gokarna beach which I skipped. I could see all the chowpaty I wanted to in Mumbai. The rickshaw/tum-tum driver warned me about how I will have to trek down to the beach and I was more than happy to know that. My knee couldn't have taken more than 2 kilometers of walking but I decided I will trek as much as I can and crash at some beach when tired. I will not forget the first sight of Kudle for a good few years. The first beach I saw which was as empty as it could get and absolutely clean. Kudle is full of colorful stones. You will surely find all shades of red. The only guy who seem to exist there told me the shacks are all going to stay shut as it was the off season. The disappointment turned into delight when I realized all the beaches are going to be this empty. After soaking in as much as I could of this pretty sight I continued walking towards the other end of the beach that would take me to the next pit stop.




No comments:
Post a Comment