A little ascend takes you where you can see Kudle at its best.
This is where you start for Om Beach.
Later that trail connects to a tar road which wasn't rolled yet. You have to continue up that road until you reach the main road which takes you down to Om beach.
Later that trail connects to a tar road which wasn't rolled yet. You have to continue up that road until you reach the main road which takes you down to Om beach.
Om beach: 20 minutes or so from Kudle,(by walk as well as by vehicle) this beach is the most popular and almost all the tourists prefer coming down here. Few people after knowing I was trekking alone showed varied expressions and chatted for a while. Later they told me that I won't find any food after I cross this beach and I assure you there are good chances that you won't. The shacks here were closed too. Even though I had enough food on me like always, I decided on having my breakfast at the only hotel that was open there. I got fresh and wasted some time sitting on a very huge, very low tree, perfect to gaze at the vast ocean. Well also the only place that helped me from roasting in the sun. My phone's battery was dead by now and all I had an old Nokia survival phone (That's what I call it). Very helpful indeed. I informed my family about my whereabouts and tried to reach a friend, Lyon, who planned to join me.
Finally realizing that it's getting hot I continued toward the next beach. You better charge your phone wherever and whenever you can. I regret not doing so. I lost my way while trying to reach the next beach, even after getting the directions from a policeman; who first wasn't sure he should be allowing me to go any further. I took a wrong turn and reached heaven. The highest point of the cliff where I waited for a while as I couldn't take my eyes off the tranquil beauty in front of me. Sadly I couldn't click any pictures here. I came back to where I started and saw a woman entering the shack down the trail. I called out and asked for directions in my messed up mother tongue. She guided me into a dense, creepy jungle which I wasn't very certain about the first time. Well that turned out to be the right path and in a few minutes I found myself walking by the edge of a cliff, the best patch yet! You will have to make your way out of a very dense jungle again after this patch. You might get caught in some thorny bush if you aren’t careful. I remembered the policeman telling me I will have to climb and jump off many boulders to reach the next beach. I continued looking for just that...




No comments:
Post a Comment